I was reading through the course content this morning – specifically Learning Experiences 4.3 -I came across this link What makes a question essential?
Whilst my mind is working overtime to pinpoint exactly what it is that I will use for my unit plan, this link proved very helpful as it directed me to ask myself – what’s in a question?
I am planning to use science and really trying to think of how I can incorporate ICT to effectively engage students in scientific inquiry, so the book Essential Questions by Jay McTighe and Grant Wiggins suggest I ask questions like:
- What makes objects move the way they do?
- How are structure and function related in living things?
- Is aging a disease?
- Why and how do scientific theories change?
- How can we best measure what we cannot directly see?
- How do we decide what to believe about a scientific claim?
So, now that I have these questions, I now need to try to find ICT that will fit the bill. Wish me luck.